Matt Dubber has a good video up today on high angle shooting. He talks about how to calculate your shot for extreme angles. Most of us who shoot in mountains and shoot more than 50 yards are familiar with the problem. Matt does a better job of explaining it than I would. He relies on modern technology to plot out hold unders. where back in the day pre-internet, we knew it was a factor but had to just shoot enough to learn it. I once missed a coyote because of not holding under enough for the extreme angle.Technology is great.
Brunswick Corporation – Rifleman’s Assault Weapons (RAW)
Designed, fabricated and tested by Brunswick for the U.S. Army MIRADCOM to provide the non-dedicated riflemen with a lightweight, portable assault weapon system to defeat enemy positions in an urban and fortified combat environment.
- Compatible with M-16A1 rifle
- Diameter: 5.5 in. (140 mm)
- Total System Weight Goal: 5.0 lbs
- Explosive Payload: 3.0 lbs
- Rocket propelled
- Effective Range: 200+ meters
- Maximum Range: 2000+ meters
- Straight Line of Sight Trajectory
- Terminal Velocity: 600 ft/s
- Varied Payload: CS, HE, Flame, Smoke, Marker, Fragmentation, WP
- Can be fired by any rifleman
The RAW’s 1-kg (HESH) warhead could penetrate 20 cm of reinforced concrete (creating a 36 cm-wide hole) and hit moving targets at a range of 300 meters. The RAW was considered to be ideal for the conditions of fighting in urban areas.
Reconsideration by the U.S. military as to what kind of close support weapon they were seeking resulted in only limited procurement of the RAW, despite the weapon performing to specification and displaying a remarkably flat trajectory to a range of 300 meters. Brunswick Corporation also developed an antitank version of the RAW. Brunswick later sold the design for the RAW to KDI Precision Products, Inc.
|Performance of RAW and contemporary weapons|
|Effectiveness against reinforced concrete|
|Munition||Penetration in cm||Max effective range in meters|
|40-mm Grenade||~ 15||400|
|83-mm Bunker Defeat Munition (SMAW-D)||20||500|
|Data source for weapons performance is Jane’s Infantry Weapons 1995–96, Jane’s Ammunition Handbook 1994|
The Zim Zam Man’s law suit is moving forward. It will be nice to see him get some real justice for how he was treated by the local “authorities ” and the media.
George Zimmerman’s lawsuit saga is unfolding though the Florida court system in the form of depositions and a powerful but little known tool called “Requests for Admissions.”
Under Florida Law, a plaintiff can submit a list of up to 30 questions, each beginning, “Admit that you….” Under penalty of perjury, the defendant must either admit or deny each statement. If the defendant doesn’t bother to answer any of the questions, the court assumes that they are admitted as true.
In the way of background, Zimmerman is charging that Trayvon Martin’s support team, including Martin’s parents and their attorney Benjamin Crump, knowingly substituted an imposter witness for the real “phone witness” in order to secure Zimmerman’s arrest for the 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman and his attorney Larry Klayman were inspired to launch the suit based on the research of filmmaker Joel Gilbert, as seen in his documentary film and book of the same name, “The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking the Witness Fraud that Divided America.”
Read the rest below.
I know you’re tired of this because I am getting sick of it. So here is the break down for today for the last 24 hours. Probably not gonna do this every day going forward unless a lot of you comment that you want me to continue. Otherwise I will maybe just do a Friday update . Or maybe not at all unless some major news about it pops up. Sound off below and tell me what you want.
- Trump and states battle over who decides on reopening
- European cases (Germany, Spain) continued to slide
- G7 calls for debt standstill for poor countries
- Russia reports another record jump in new cases
- NY coronavirus cases pass 200k
- Cuomo reports 778 new NY deaths
- Oregon Gov. Kate Brown lays out her plan
- France reports largest jump in deaths in 4 days
- Italy reports smallest jump in new cases in more than a month
- Cuomo says he would disobey Trump order to reopen economy if it endangered his state
- China reports another 89 new infections
- US Dept. of Ag prepares to unveil coronavirus farm bailout
- Trump says US will have ‘fewer than 100k’ deaths
- IMF calls for global economy to contract 3% in 2020
- Florida surgeon general says social distancing should continue until a vaccine is released
- Cali pastors sue state to reopen churches
- Newsom lays out 6 conditions for reopening economy
- Iran plans to divest 10% of Shasta as selloff of state assets begins
- Sweden deaths cross 1k
- UK department of health reports 778 new deaths
- NATO warns supply chains of important medical supplies should be moved out of ‘non-member’ states