LooseRounds.com
5.56 Timeline

Bushmaster & DPMS Gone?

Some interesting scuttlebutt going around since the end of SHOT. Rumor has it Remington has ended Bushmaster and DPMS brands.

notice anything missing?

Some of the chatter from around the web.

“CDNN or someone sent an email in the past month or so selling lots of Bushmaster stuff. I wonder if that was an inventory liquidation. “

I was at SHOT this year too (Dana I saw you in passing but couldn’t catch up) and there was a no show for Bushmaster and the ACR in the Remington booth. Not to spread rumors, but the word on the street is they’re discontinuing the Bushmaster and DPMS lines.
Before we get into the whole name your sources thing, I’m just saying that was the unsubstantiated gossip I heard around the show. Believe what you wish, YMMV.

“bushmaster.com (without the www) brings me to

Only email listed is for repairs.

Remington is likely getting rid of both brands, The industry is slow and hurting and why keep around to low end brands when they have to compete with the ultra cheap junk vomitted out by PSA daily. It’s interesting that there is no outrage over “Remington caving to anti gun politicians” like happened when Colt temporarily halted civilian rifle sales to fulfill a huge over seas military contract.

I hate to see any gun company go out of business, well, other than two I would like to see gone…

We will see how this plays out if true.

18 thoughts on “Bushmaster & DPMS Gone?”

1. Bushmaster is a “meh” from me.

DPMS was a good source of parts for AR’s.

Let this be a lesson to you kids: Don’t allow a Wall Street money manager to run your gun company. They don’t know shit about running a gun company.

2. The factories are still there and their intellectual properties still exist so if some investor thinks he can make a go of it, maybe someone who thinks he can get by on slimmer profit margins than Remington, or who has an eye for innovation, those brands might be resurrected.

If they don’t, … that’s capitalism.

3. Word my employer got about 2 months ago was that Bushy would not longer be building & stocking inventory.
    They would only be building on a per order basis, so we ordered 250 of their existing stock.
    Which makes sense when the market is so saturated.
    Now, was that true, or a smokescreen to cover what they intend to do ? Only time will tell.

4. Elitist, much?
    For the working class buyer, PSA produces reliable, reasonably priced MSRs.

Just a question, if a PSA is proven reliable (doesn’t jam, FTF, or otherwise not run and run) and shoots within mil-spec accuracy or better, exactly what does a $2000 MSR offer?
    Besides bragging rights?
    Having and shooting some of both, I’ll just say you lost a reader.

Bu-bye

• because no matter what I say to him it won’t matter. its not going to change his mind. and I take him at his word that he isnt going to read it anyways. furthermore, He left out that I never said you had have a 2000 dollar rifle. that was a strawman he came up with. I don’t own a rifle that cost 2000 dollars. My opinion on the matter is all over this website going back for years. I will sum up for you, good companies an some times make a crap gun and sometimes a low end company can produce a decent gun. it’s your money. I won’t stop giving my honest opinion about PSA just because three guys out of the million plus readers we have had angry.

• Yeah, you didn’t specifically say a $2,000 rifle but you obviously knocked a budget brands which implies it. And suggesting PSA “vomits” out “cheap junk” smells like a gun-snob. You’re like a guy saying you only drive Mercedes Benz when my Honda Civic has never broken down over 300,000 miles. Not everyone wants to spend big money on guns. I’d rather have two Smith and Wesson’s than one Daniel Defense. Anyway, I won’t be reading any more of your articles. You won’t miss me because it doesn’t seem many people do read your stuff.

5. Wow dude your a dick.

Way to not only be a brand snob, but then avoid his legitimate question.

You are a fraud. A true second amendment supporter would see that psa is arming people who wouldn’t otherwise be armed and there is nothing wrong with that. The more guns the better. But no your far to high and mighty to see it like that.

Guess I won’t read here any further either. Better find the pieces of your shattered life so you can continue to be overly dramatic on a low traffic obscure internet blog.

6. Wow! If we were all the same we would have problems finding our vehicles in the parking lot. Opinions are just a persons view point. My firearm purchases have been in relation to my income over the years. I’ve had lower quality firearms that were dependable ( HighPoint Model 995) and some that I realized quickly to get rid of. Most of my firearms are mid priced (500?) Ruger, Remington, Mossberg, Colt, Rossi, Kel Tec, Springfield, FN, et.., Notice the Kel Tec? Lower quality some say but it pops every time I pull the trigger. I cannot afford a 2k rifle nor if I could would I want to. You need to get what works dependably all the time. Your life may depend on that firearm. Quit being pissy…..just opinions.

• please show me anywhere on this website were one of us said you need a 2000 dollar rifle
      I’m getting tired of reading that strawman bullshit from people who pop up in the comments for the first time in 9 years to bitch about what an asshole I am because I dared to give my opinion on guns I think are shit. this is a gun review website were we give our honest opinions on things, if you dont like it tough shit.
      the only pissy people are the ones popping up in the comments to whinge about how they dont like my opinion after writing a paragraph about their own opinion. you clearly came here for the first time and read this and have no idea what we are about. so YOU quit being pissy about other people’s opinions just because you dont agree with it. otherwise this is my website and I will say whatever I want about any topic I want. If that rankles your panties, oh well.

7. Shawn I was not attacking nor accusing anyone. If you noticed I stated just opinions. My “panties” were not “rankled”. My post was actually directed at others, not you. So with your response to my post it is apparent you are upset over opinions. It may be the first time I commented, this being the second and last. You are acting like a progressive liberal. Try to have a nice day.