Have Any Idea What This Is?


This was posted to the faceburg page with someone asking what that is attached to the grip of the pistol. I have no clue.


  1. My first thought was spare mag holder but it looks too skinny. Whatever it is, anything that makes my handgun righty-only is a hard NO.

  2. Without shedding more light to what this thing(s) actually is, it seems that’s some kind of paraphernalia related to this person’s job. It’s not attached on the pistol grip, but rather hangs from the same tool belt, where the gun holster is mounted. Because of the bulk of this tool, and in order not to impede bending over for work, it’s mounted on the rear of the belt.
    That’s my take.

    • At the small of the back, there’s something silver that I agree is some mystery tool of the trade but I don’t think that’s what we’re discussing. There’s something inboard of the pistol grip that does appear to be attached or at least draped over the grip.

      Guess #2 – some sort of elaborate retention device.

  3. If I didn’t know better, I’d say that’s a cell phone with the flap for the holder draped over the pistol grip…

    I don’t think that’s actually right, but that was the first thing my brain went to, looking at that.

    Whatever the hell it is, the resolution on this picture is really too sloppy to be able to tell.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here