WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE EYE DROPS

3
1115

Did you know the most common method of murder when it comes to wives offing their husbands? I could have have one of these up every day if I listed everytime a woman kills using poison. This is the first time I have seen eye drops though. I have known for a long time Visine will kill you or at least damage internal organs. That old mid 2000s movie The Wedding Crashers started an urban myth that Visine would just make you sick. Nope. It will kill ya. So with that in mind let’s get on with a tail as old as time.

An Arkansas woman was recorded on tape talking about poisoning her husband to death by putting Visine eye drops in his drink for at least four days straight, police said. Clearly she wasn’t a master criminal.

Tina Glasco, 56, of Paragould, Arkansas, was arrested on Wednesday and charged with attempted murder in the first degree. Looking at her picture if I was married to her I would probably be happy to die via poison.

Local investigators first learned of Glasco’s alleged attempt to poison her husband on Tuesday, KAIT-TV reported.

‘Officers collected an audio recording of Tina making statements about poisoning her husband with Visine eye drops with the purpose to cause serious physical injury and death,’ according to the police affidavit.

‘In the recording, Tina stated she had been putting a large amount of Visine drops in her husband’s drinks for over four days.’

Don’t ever let your wife make your drink, fellas.

Authorities have also charged Glasco with conduct constituting attempt.

Bond for Glasco was set at $100,000 by the Greene County Sheriff’s Office. She is scheduled to appear in court on January 4.

The active ingredient in Visine is tetrahydrozoline, which was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1954.

The chemical is part of a family of drugs called imidazoles. It can be found in other over-the-counter medications such as Murine Plus, Altazine, and Clarine.

In small doses, tetrahydrozoline, a decongestant, is considered safe when applied to the eye.

But large doses taken orally could put one at risk of slow heartbeat, hypothermia, a coma, or even death.

Read more murder most foul via Visine below

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/arkansas-woman-56-is-tried-to-poison-husband-with-visine-eye-drops/ar-BB1coPRA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9104599/Arkansas-woman-56-tried-poison-husband-Visine-eye-drops.html

3 COMMENTS

  1. I believe the one I have heard/read of most was antifreeze in drinks over a period of time.One woman killed two husbands that way but am sure was because the husbands were not listening to her with proper respect.

  2. Tetrahydrozoline in the eyes acts as a vasoconstrictor, which tightens up the red capillaries in the whites of the eyes, which is how it relieves “redness” in the eyes. Taken as directed (one to two drops per eye), it has very rare side effects for people with normal eyesight (ie, no glaucoma, no allergies to the medication, etc).

    But taken orally… oh boy. Tetrahydrozoline is a well-known poison for EMS responders. Small children sometimes get hold of it, and even a very, very small quantity can cause serious problems in a child. You get called by a parent(s) in a panic to a residence address for a child who is turning blue, or who suddenly nodded off and cannot be roused… and one of the things you ask after you’ve checked their airway for mechanical obstruction and found nothing is “do/did you have eyedrops that were within reach?” Some people with dry eyes just have the container on their bedside table. The print on the bottle is so stupid-small that no one actually can read the warnings without an Optivisor, most people never pull the circular from the little box. No one reads these things – they just assume “it’s over-the-counter, it can’t be that dangerous…” and leave it out and within reach of children.

    And almost no eyedrop dispensers have child-resistant containers. All it takes is 1 to 2 mL for a small child to be in serious problems.

    There’s little that can be done to address the issues in the field. The child needs an ER, pronto.

    For reference, 2 mL is less than half of a teaspoon. Just a mere “taste” by a child can result in some very worrying signs/symptoms very quickly…

    This is the first I’ve heard of someone using it in quantity to attempt to deliberately poison an adult.

    • I’m a reasonably clued-in person and I had no idea that Visene was poisonous at all, never mind virulently so. Thanks for the info.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here