Are We Going To Witness The Worst National Emotional Breakdown In History Once The Election Is Over?


Authored by Michael Snyder via,

Right now we are experiencing the calm before the storm.  Many Biden supporters believe that a Trump victory would literally be the worst thing that could possibly happen to our country, but at the moment most of them are quite confident that Biden will win.  Likewise, many Trump supporters are absolutely convinced that we will plunge into a horrifying socialist abyss if Biden wins, but for now most of them are convinced that the polls are wrong and that Trump will pull out another victory in November. 

So with just a little over a week until Election Day, most Americans that really care about politics are pacified because they believe that a positive outcome is right around the corner.

But soon that will change, and tens of millions of Americans will simultaneously melt down emotionally right in front of our eyes.

I think that just about everyone realizes that this national temper tantrum is coming.  It is just that most of those that deeply care about politics assume that it will happen to the other side.

At this point, even Facebook is preparing for the worst.  In fact, they are getting ready to implement “emergency measures” that are usually reserved for the most “at-risk” countries…

As the U.S. braces for election-related unrest next month, Facebook executives are implementing emergency measures reserved for “at-risk” countries in a company-wide effort to bring down the online temperature.

The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that the social media giant plans to limit the spread of viral content and lower the benchmark for suppressing potentially inflammatory posts using internal tools previously deployed in Sri Lanka and Myanmar.

So what would those “emergency measures” look like?  Well, that could potentially even include manipulating your news feed to alter what sort of content you are allowed to see…

Facebook has a number of options it could take including “slowing the spread of viral content and lowering the bar for suppressing potentially inflammatory posts” and “tweaking the news feed to change what types of content users see,” the Wall Street Journal reported.

Of course Facebook has already been manipulating our news feeds for a very long time, but that is a topic for another article.

Personally, I absolutely detest all of the censorship that the big social media companies have been doing, and I am not surprised that they are preparing to go even further.

According to Facebook, these new “emergency measures” will be implemented if there is “election-related violence”

However, the social media colossus only plans to put these restrictions in place in the event of election-related violence (something many others are fearful of and preparing for). However, during a staff meeting CEO Mark Zuckerberg said “a decisive victory from someone” could “be helpful for clarity and for not having violence or civil unrest after the election” which would reduce Facebook’s need to step in.

Considering the fact that we are seeing election-related violence almost constantly now, I would say that there is a pretty good chance that Facebook will actually proceed with these emergency measures.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post is also deeply concerned about what this election may do to our nation.  In a very long article that they just published, they discussed the fact that both sides are convinced that “the wrong outcome will bring disaster”…

One week before Americans choose their path forward, the quadrennial crossroads reeks of despair. In almost every generation, politicians pose certain elections as the most important of their time. But the 2020 vote is taking place with the country in a historically dark mood — low on hope, running on spiritual empty, convinced that the wrong outcome will bring disaster.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” said Frank Luntz, a Republican political consultant who has been convening focus groups of undecided voters for seven presidential cycles. “Even the most balanced, mainstream people are talking about this election in language that is more caffeinated and cataclysmic than anything I’ve ever heard.”

Emotions were definitely running high in 2016, but we have never seen anything quite like this.

Most Democrats believe that Trump and his supporters are deeply evil, and likewise most Republicans believe that Biden and his supporters are deeply evil.

And of course there are also many that are entirely convinced that all of them are deeply evil.

When you have a nation that is this deeply divided, how is anyone ever going to be able to bring us together in unity?

It has been said that a house divided with surely fall, and at this point our divisions have brought us to the verge of national collapse.  Here is more from the Washington Post

But now, the worry on the right that a Democratic win would plunge the nation into catastrophic socialism and the fear on the left that a Trump victory would produce a turn toward totalitarianism have created “a perilous moment — the idea that if the other side wins, we’re in for it,” said Peter Stearns, a historian of emotions at George Mason University.

“The two sides have come to view each other not as opponents, but as deeply evil,” he said. “And that’s happening when trust in institutions has collapsed and each group is choosing not to live near each other. It seems there’s no middle ground.”

But as I pointed out at the beginning of this article, for now both sides are relatively calm because they both believe that they are going to end up winning.

In 2016, the big national polls were dead wrong and Trump pulled out a close victory when the mainstream media had assured everyone that it was inevitable that Hillary Clinton would win.

And once again this year there are indications that the big national polls may be flawed and that Trump may be doing significantly better than the mainstream media is telling us.

On the other hand, Hillary Clinton never came close to the 50 percent mark in most national polls in 2016, and Joe Biden has consistently been above that level in recent weeks.  Democratic operatives would have us believe that indicates that there are far fewer undecided voters this time around.

So I guess we will just have to wait until the real results start coming in to see who was right and who was wrong.

Because so many Americans are voting by mail, it is going to take a lot longer than usual to count all the votes, and a number of key swing states are likely to be very close.  If the results are close enough, it may take weeks before we have an official winner.

Once an official winner is finally declared, there will be tens of millions of Americans in deep emotional pain.

When all of those deeply hurting people start lashing out, you won’t want to be anywhere around.


  1. The vast echo chamber that makes up the Left in this country is going to be in for a bit of a shock, I suspect. They don’t talk to anyone but themselves, and they never listen.

    I think the odds are pretty good that they’re just going to lose their shit, entirely. That’s about a 75% chance, I think, with a 25% chance they’re going to be shocked and terrified into catatonia by the magnitude of their loss. I think an awful lot of people have been lying their asses off to the pollsters, and that will show up on the 3rd. Look at the difference in who shows up for campaign events, and what the numbers are. Biden hardly has any supporters enthused enough to bother showing up, while Trump has crowds big enough to cause over-crowding at his venues. This fact alone makes me suspect that this election is probably going to be a blow-out, and the Democrats are basically whistling past the graveyard.

    I still can’t quite believe that they put Biden up, and then chose Harris as his running mate. What. The. Actual. Fuck? How badly do they want to lose? I mean, seriously–Was there a worse pair of choices? I mean, maybe Clinton-Sanders, but… It’s almost like they had a “Hold my beer…” moment, and decided to see if they could throw wet, runny shit on the wall and see if it would stick.

    2020 is like a year of non-stop insanity, and I can’t wait to see what comes between now and January 1st. Nothing would surprise me at this point–Alien invasion, end of the world, asteroid strike… Nothing. I almost expect that the damn Cascadia fault is gonna let go this year, or Yellowstone. It would only be par for the course…

    • I keep getting the feeling that they chose them purposely to throw the election then claim it was a set up by trump and the Russians. They had plenty of more viable candidates they could have gone with in the beginning.

    • “I still can’t quite believe that they put Biden up, and then chose Harris as his running mate.”

      Remember when the DNC rigged the primary for Biden? It was early February, back when Covid was a far-right conspiracy theory. If the general election had been held on 2/15, Trump would’ve won 45 states. Nobody but people on the DNC payroll was going to vote against that Trump economy. Joe was just the ritual sacrifice.

      Now, Kamala? That I can’t explain. Maybe she learned a thing or two working for Willie Brown.

  2. Why would anyone with eyes view American institutions such as the FBI, CIA, et al, as legitimate when what we’ve seen has made it utterly clear and obvious that they’re deeply corrupt?

    It isn’t a single, one-off instance of malfeasance or incompetence that damns them. It is a persistent and pervasive pattern of corruption, of a willingness to break the law in order to “get Trump.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here