- China’s Hubei province admits a massive spike in virus cases and deaths (14,840 additional cases and 242 additional deaths)Which I am sure are still not the real numbers
- The Sun reports first case confirmed in London, bringing UK total to 9
- Couple onboard ‘Diamond Princess’ tell CNBC situation is “frankly terrifying”.
- AFP publishes report exposing worsening shortages of food and supplies in Wuhan
- Cruise ship rejected by four countries allowed to dock in Cambodia
- Rumors of 10k in Wuhan not included in official count of cases
- NYT follows WSJ in exploring problems with Chinese testing kits
- US officials complain about China still denying American help
- First ship-to-shore infection occurs in Japan from ‘Diamond Princess’
- State Department lets non-essential personnel and their families leave Hong Kong because of outbreak
Not that I was the only one saying it but it feels good to know I was right about them under reporting deaths and infections.
… in a clear confirmation of the ‘conspiracy theory’ that China had altered the way it was reporting Covid-19 deaths and cases – clearly in order to suggest that things were improving and you should go back to work, while ideally buying stocks, the province at the epicenter of the Coronavirus pandemic just came clean and the numbers are stunning.
The number of cases exploded by 14,840, resulting in a total of 48,206 cases, including 13,332 clinically diagnose cases:
So what changed? They had to admit what they were doing and how they were cooking the books so to speak.
With the deepening of understanding of new coronavirus pneumonia and the accumulation of experience in diagnosis and treatment, in view of the characteristics of the epidemic in Hubei Province, the General Office of the National Health and Health Commission and the Office of the State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine issued the “Diagnosis and Treatment Plan for New Coronavirus Infected Pneumonia (Trial (Version) “adds” clinical diagnosis “to the case diagnosis classification in Hubei Province, so that patients can receive standardized treatment according to confirmed cases as early as possible to further improve the success rate of treatment.
According to the plan, Hubei Province has recently conducted investigations on suspected cases and revised the diagnosis results, and newly diagnosed patients were diagnosed according to the new diagnosis classification. In order to be consistent with the classification of case diagnosis issued by other provinces across the country, starting today, Hubei Province will include the number of clinically diagnosed cases into the number of confirmed cases for publication.
So why come clean now? They are losing control fast and this is spreading beyond their abilities. They are going to have to allow in help from the US or other nations and once they give in and face that they need help and experts arrive, the real amount of infections will be exposed.
Other reports of Chinese returning to work and being found to have the virus causing the entire factory to be quarantined with the employees in place. So much of returning their economy to normal. Also yesterday It was reported that the military and Police are now starting to succumb to the virus which is now said o have up to a 24 day latent period without symptoms.