- Two inmates at a UK prison are being tested for coronavirus and have been restricted to their cells
- 13th case diagnosed in San Diego was evacuee rescued from Wuhan, she was briefly accidentally released
- Latest numbers bring the global totals for cases and deaths to 44,753 cases and 1,112 deaths.
- CNBC’s Eunice Yoon reports on China’s sluggish ‘return to work’
- Hong Kong building residents quarantined over fears virus spread via pipes
- Cruise ship with 0 nCoV cases refused entry to fourth port, in danger of running out of food
- Beijing fires top health officials in Hubei, summons others to Beijing for an explanation
- Scientists in Hong Kong and the mainland present vastly different takes on virus
- 2 Japanese men test positive but were accidentally released
- President Xi says China will be ‘more prosperous’ after outbreak
- Experts suspicious about how Indonesia hasn’t reported any nCoV cases
- Xi also reportedly warned top officials that efforts to contain the virus had gone ‘too far’
- CDC admits lab “mix up” led to coronavirus patient being briefly released back to quarantine
- Another citizen journalist goes missing in China
- Hilton warns travel numbers could be impacted for up to a year after Under Armor saw shares plunge on sales warning
- Bullard warns virus still major “tail risk” for US economy and markets
- Germany confirms 2 more cases bringing total to 14
- WSJ publishes harrowing stories showing China’s coronavirus tests aren’t very accurate
- Cruise ship quarantined in Japan announces 39 more cases
thanks to a lack of information (or perhaps withholding) from Beijing, thousands of soldiers and officers of the People’s Liberation Army, as well as police have been diagnosed with the deadly virus and are currently under quarantine.
It is reported that dozens of military and law enforcement have been diagnosed with the new virus, and thousands are being quarantined.
A staff member at the Central Theater General Hospital (Hankou Hospital) in Wuhan confirmed armed police officers were hospitalized.
Among them, 1,500 Chinese soldiers and 1,000 armed police are being quarantined, and China Human Rights and Democracy Information Center, headquartered in Hong Kong, reported on February 10 that 10 CCP soldiers and 15 armed police have been diagnosed with the new virus in Hubei province.
The Chinese People’s Liberation Army General Hospital (Hainan) Hospital in Sanya is preparing to test 3,000 people for new virus pneumonia samples.
300 armed police were isolated to a training site of the Hubei Provincial Corps of the Armed Police.
An epidemic has emerged in the Chinese Navy. After a serviceman of the Navy Submarine Force in Sanya, Hainan, was diagnosed with Covid-19, 300 sailors were isolated, and training programs on nuclear submarines, scheduled to start this month, have been suspended.
The Information Center’s report confirms that many tests in recent days have shown “false negatives”, and the incubation period may be as high as 24 days. Therefore, even if the test results of all personnel before the departure are “negative”, there may still be people carrying the virus, and those carrying the virus are likely to be transmitted to most officers and men
Recently, the Central Military Commission has issued 12 emergency notifications about the epidemic situation, and is enforcing strict regulations on the “leaders of epidemic work”, “the epidemic situation in the camp and family areas”, “isolation observation”, etc.
Alleged violations will result in disciplinary action or dismissal.
…confidential documents stipulate that if the military’s epidemic situation involves military secrets, it may not be reported to the local provincial and municipal governments. Therefore, current illnesses in the military and the armed police are not reported to the territories on the grounds of confidentiality.
Recently, Xu Zhangrun, a former professor at Tsinghua University School of Law, stated that under the outbreak of China, the CCP’s organizational disorder caused human disasters to be greater than natural disasters, which may lead to great changes. The article said,
“The anger of the people has erupted like a volcano, and the angry people will no longer be afraid.”
“The CCP ’s defeat has arrived, and the countdown has begun.”