Our boy Hiram Percy Maxim, father of the firearm suppressor, turns 150 on September 2nd! To celebrate his birthday ASA is hosting a fundraising raffle in which you could win a complete suppressed rifle package that would make ole Percy blush. For the cherry on top, ASA is going to cover the tax stamp for the winner.
The package includes:
- YHM Resonator suppressor
- Savage 110 Tactical rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor donated by Lipsey’s
- Graham Brothers Rifleworks MARC chassis and rail system
- Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 EBR-7C (MRAD) scope and rings
- Magpul Gen3 PRS stock
- Reptilia CQG Pistol Grip
- AND your $200 Transfer Tax paid by ASA
Springfield Armory’s XD-E is the only viable DA/SA single-stack on the market. Reliability and safety are the two major advantages of this action type, but rarely are they an option in a single-stack 9mm. Lesser-trained shooters may struggle with learning two trigger modes, but Langdon Tactical has found a way to lessen the learning curve by enhancing the trigger and action. Introducing the Springfield Armory XD-E Langdon Tactical Edition.
Like the Langdon Tactical Beretta 92s and PX4s, the Langdon Tactical Edition XD-E features greatly enhanced trigger feel and performance without sacrificing safety or reliability. Improvements made by Langdon Tactical on the Springfield Armory XD-E have also further enhanced Springfield Armory’s Low Effort Slide by reducing effort needed to rack the slide and cock the hammer even further.
The Springfield Armory XD-E upgraded by LTT includes:
- LTT emblem engraved on Sniper Gray Cerakoted slide
- LTT Trigger Job with the option of a 12lbs. or 12.7lbs. hammer spring
- 20% reduction in pull weight with a 12.7 lbs. spring for reliability with US and NATO-spec ammunition.
- 25% reduction in pull weight with a 12 lbs. spring provides reliability with US-Spec ammunition.
- New low-profile hammer for better concealment and snag-free draws
- Two 8- and one 9-round magazine included.
- Option of two different hammer spring weights.
- Upgraded Ameriglo CAP Sights.
About Langdon Tactical Technology:
Langdon Tactical Technology is a source for advanced education and equipment needs specializing in the Beretta 92/96, PX4, and 1301 platforms as well as the Springfield Armory XD-E.
Matej Kurbel CEO and founder of Cyrus Target contacted us about the announcement of the Cyrus Target.
The Cyrus Target projects an interactive video onto the target backer. The target reacts to the noise and shot placement of the user. MSRP is $7000, and it looks like the creator is trying to raise funds on indiegogo to start production.
I think it is an interesting idea, but I imagine most of us are not going to shell out 7 grand for one, especially when compared to the cost of traditional paper targets.
I would worry about how well a projector would work out doors, but it looks like they are going to have a sun shade on the top and sides of the target. Something I think would be most beneficial in a system like this is that you could use all the tech used in modern video games when setting up scenarios and reactions. The old campy police training videos were made by filming an “actor” and there would be very little deviation in how things could play out. A digital system playing an artificially created scenario could be set up to play out in infinitely different ways. If you were going to be shooting at a photo-realistic model of a deer, you could have a simulation give you a random distance, angle, etc. You could have an infinite variety of training scenarios. But, due to the cost, I’ll stick with paper targets.