This has turned into a big enough news story that I feel you all may want to get a nice sum up.
First is a STREP on Norte Mexico, AKA Texas.
- Power Grid Crisis Spreads To Mexico
- 15 States Have Power Outages Due To Extreme Weather
- Gov. Greg Abbott Requests LNG Exporter Freeport To Limit Gas Intake
- Gov. Greg Abbott Declares ERCOT Reform
- 4.423 million Customers In Texas Without Power
- Bloomberg’s Javier Blas Warns “Blackouts Have Spread Again”
- General Motors Idles Arlington Assembly Factory
- Oncor Electric Delivery Warns Of “Controlled Outages” Across State
- Temperatures In Tyler, Texas -3F On Tuesday Morning
- ERCOT Hopes To Restore Power With More Generators Returning To Grid
- The Southwest Power Pool Said Blackouts To Continue For The Second Day
- Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo Tweets Weather-Related Death
- Refinitiv Data Shows Arctic Air To Remain In Texas Until End Of Week
- ERCOT Wholesale Electricity Prices Topped $9k Per Megawatt-Hour Overnight
- Rolling Blackouts Morph Into Down Celular Networks
- Texas Prepares For Second Winter Storm
Below is the power outages on other states including my own.
According to PowerOutage.US, 15 states are experiencing rolling blackouts or outages because of extreme weather. Most of the outages are seen in Texas, with over 4 million customers without power (as of this update).
The polar vortex will continue pouring frigid air into much of the country through this week. Temperature anomalies are well below normal, creating major power-grid chaos.