Welp. I wasn’t going to do this but once a week but things are happening faster every day. Looks like most of the world leaders are acting panicked. I’m not very worried at this point but things look interesting. Where to even start?
- Italy reports 2nd straight 1,000+ jump in cases, deaths jump 60%; mortality rate in Italy hits 5% Don’t worry though, it’s just the sniffles. Flu kills more people every year. the gov has it all under control. Just wash your hands.
- Total US cases surpass 500
- Portugal president goes into self-quarantine
- New York State confirms 16 new cases bringing total north of 100
- Santa Clara reports 5 more cases to 37
- Mass confirms 15 more cases tied to Biogen conference . Surreal..
- Mayor de Blasio says NYC could see hundreds of cases in 2-3 weeks. Citizens hope he is one of them.
- Death toll hits 21 as 2 more cases confirmed in Washington State
- Oregon declares state of emergency
- 16 million Italians wake up under quarantine
- Egypt reports Africa’s first coronavirus death, a German citizen
- Pope Francis cancels Sunday address, doesn’t trust in God to protect him apparently.
- Dr. Fauci warns community spread is getting out of control. Welcome to last week Doc.
- ‘Grand Princess’ to dock in Oakland on Monday
- Saudi Arabia quarantines province amid apparent coup attempt.
- France, Germany call for bans on events with over 1,000
- Still no word on timing of when ‘Grand Princess’ will land
- Patient in Japan develops meningitis
- Spain death toll hits 17, with 600+ cases
- Cuomo says he wants to avoid closing NYC schools, transit if possible
- Iran official death toll hits 194
For the second day in a row, Italian health officials on Sunday have reported 1,000+ newly confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus. In addition, deaths have climbed 50% to 366 deaths, up from 233.
The Italian fatality rate has now hit 5%.
And this has been what has worried me since this started.
Over in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of NIAID and the CDC’s point man on the outbreak, delivered some appropriately severe comments in a statement to the press delivered early Sunday.
The celebrated epidemiologist warned the public that they should avoid public gatherings because the virus’s seemingly rapid spread within communities on the West Coast is “not encouraging.”
- FAUCI SAYS SCOPE OF CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK IN UNITED STATES ‘NOT ENCOURAGING’ BECAUSE OF SPREAD WITHIN COMMUNITIES
- NIAID HEAD ANTHONY FAUCI SAYS U.S. NEEDS TO LOOK AT CANCELLING EVENTS WITH LARGE GATHERINGS OF PEOPLE IF COMMUNITY SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS INCREASES.
And of course we are seeing a real market crash that will lead to who the hell knows what?