- Confirmed cases surpass 31k, deaths still at 638
- Reporter says ‘real’ death toll could be closer to 20k
- German scientists say nCoV can survive for 9 days on surfaces
- Chinese quarantine expanded to Guangzhou; 400 million now on lockdown
- Singapore raises response level to Orange
- Hong Kong confirms case No. 25
- Death of Dr. Li stokes demands for more free speech in China
Amnesty International weighed in on Dr. Li’s death, calling it a “tragic reminder” of how Beijing’s “preoccupation with stability” inspired it to suppress vital information.
As Beijing cracks down on dissident speech, cities appear to be ramping up stuff like this – spraying disinfectant on every public surface.
“Over the last two days, Beijing has made a big show of opening two new hospitals in Wuhan that were built in under two weeks. We’ve already reported how the hospitals look more like prisons with medical equipment. But come to find out that most of the hospitals are actually being run by their patients. Dr. Feigl-Ding, the Harvard epidemiologist who is one of many academics slammed as an alarmist for telling the truth, tweeted that nearly one-third of the patients in one hospital in Wuhan are also medical staff. There’s a common trope to describe this: something about a lunatic and an asylum. “
White House Asks Scientists To Investigate Whether 2019-nCoV Was Bio-Engineered