Da Kommrades. In Russia water boils you.
By The Associated Press
MOSCOW — A heating pipe burst Monday in a small Russian hotel, flooding rooms with boiling water that killed five people and left six others injured in the central city of Perm, emergency officials said.
Now that is a nasty way to go. Hopefully they were all drunk on vodka or on krokodile and didn’t feel much.
The nine-room hotel was located in the basement of a residential building in the city of 1 million people near Russia’s Ural Mountains. Because Russia. All of the victims — who included a child — were staying at the hotel, authorities said. Three of the injured were hospitalized with burns.
Russian police have opened a probe into the tragedy. I think we all can guess what’s to blame.
The plumbing explosion left 20 buildings, including a hospital, a school and a kindergarten, without heat or hot water in the middle of winter, local authorities said.
Russian lawmaker Oleg Melnichenko said, given the deaths, the Russian parliament might consider a ban on having hotels or hostels in the basements of residential buildings.
Great idea. Good to see the US Gov isn’t the only government in the world that knows banning stuff always works to save lives. I guess we aren’t so different from the Russkies after all .