Some more noise from the Press & Propaganda machine this morning. This one actually made my eyebrow raise a little in interest.
Griffin Armament is proud to introduce the Bushwhacker® 46, a universal sound suppressor designed to maximize feature functionality, performance, and value with a vast selection of caliber compatibility.
The Bushwhacker’s durable 1.375×24 threaded 17-4 stainless steel tube chassis, is supplied with a Griffin Plan-A Taper Mount adapter, Taper Mount muzzle device, and a booster piston housing. These factory inclusions allow the Bushwhacker to quickly and easily be configured for centerfire rifle or handgun use. Its .46 caliber diameter provides end users with the most caliber flexibility possible, while retaining quality sound suppression. .450 Bushmaster, .458 socom, .45-70 Govt, and other large bore calibers are at home with the Bushwhacker 46. Additionally, .30 caliber Paladin blast shield front cap can be interfaced with the Bushwhacker 46 further improving sound performance on the Paladin with 30 caliber and lesser rounds like .308 Win, .300 BLK, and 6.5 Creedmoor.
Sound suppressors can increase in weight and reduce in internal volume, losing performance over time from carbon and copper accumulation. The Bushwhacker features Griffin Armament’s unique, patented Ratchet-lok end cap which provides the user with a robust mechanism to disassemble their suppressor easily for periodic cleaning and maintenance. This consumer demanded technology and the included tools ensure that your investment can be reset to factory weight and sound performance specifications with minor preventative maintenance.
The Bushwhacker 46 also features Griffin’s patented High Efficiency, Dual Purpose baffle technology. HEDP baffles are engineered to provide balanced sound performance on a host of popular calibers and firearms. The bushwhacker’s 6AL4V Titanium HEDP baffles provide impressive sound performance measuring 141dB with full power .450 Bushmaster, 126dB with .300 blackout subsonic, and 130dB with .45 ACP. The 17-4 Stainless tube, front cap and Titanium baffle stack give put the Bushwhacker at 16.3 ounces in its Rifle configuration and 18.1 ounces in a pistol configuration.
Additional accessory support allows the Bushwhacker to be mounted to a myriad of hosts via the 3-lug QD kit, Plan-A XL, or the 1.375×24 A2 adapter. A specialty mount was also designed and manufactured for mounting the Bushwhacker to an unmodified 1928a1 Thompson via the Cutts Compensator.
Performance, Durability, and Versatility are hallmarks of the Griffin Armament brand. These qualities are embodied in the Bushwhacker® 46 and will ensure this universal sound suppressor remains a highly demanded product for years to come.
To find out more on Griffin Armament’s entire product line, please visit their website at www.GriffinArmament.com. For attendees of the 2020 SHOT Show, Griffin Armament will be exhibiting the Bushwhacker, along with the rest of their product line at Booth #8207.
Key points – price and inclusions:
• $999 MSRP
• 1.375×24 Plan-A™ Taper Mount interface
• Booster assembly included (piston is not included)
• 5/8×24 .30 Cal Taper Mount muzzle device & shims
• Total of 3 wrenches, 2 for the rear geometry on the Plan-A™ and the tube body, and one for the pistol accessories and configuration
• Patented Ratchet-LOK™ end cap system for user serviceability
• Patented HEDP™ baffles (High efficiency dual purpose)
• Compatible with Griffin Taper Mount minimalist devices and TM Hammer Comp with included Plan-A™, and all Griffin Taper Mounts with the Plan-A™ XL (coming soon)
• 1.375×24 threaded rear interface to support alternative mounting options
• Supports 3-lug QD kit in 9mm and 10mm/.45 via 1.375×24 Booster piston housing
• Supports rifle calibers from .22 up to 45-70 Govt.
• Supports Pistol calibers up to .45 ACP
• Use of 30 cal Paladin® blast shield end cap increases sound performance on 30 caliber and lesser.
• 8.25” long x 1.5” diameter
• 17-4 Stainless Steel tube body and front cap, Black nitride finish
• 6AL4V Titanium baffles
• 16.3 oz in the Taper Mount configuration (using the included Plan A)
• 18.1oz in the Pistol configuration
• Ratings: 16”-.45-70, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM; 9.5”-5.56; 6” .300BLK; 8” 6.8 SPC, 7.62×39; 12.5” .308Win; 20” .300WM