Looks like Magpul is about to release an AK74 PMAG. There have been rumors as far back as the 2015 NRA meeting and 2016 Shot Show but nothing concrete ever came out. The new PMAG is designed for Kalashnikov pattern rifles in 5.45x39mm (AK74, MPi-AK-74N, PA md. 86, and others). It is currently listed on Magpul’s site at 13.95 a mag. It has all the usual Magpul PMAG MOE magazine features found in the AK47 7.62×39 magazines. There is no further information out there that I can find on the new 5.45 Magpul magazine, other than it should be release this Summer (2016). Places like 44 Mag have them listed on the site. DSG Arms and Brownells are already taking Pre-Orders on the new AK74 5.45×39 PMAG. I’m sure they will be popping up very soon, as it is a highly anticipate product in the AK74 community, so keep an eye out if you are in that market.
- Impact and crush resistant all polymer body
- Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Long life stainless steel spring
- Ribbed gripping surface and aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
- Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
- Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with most pouches