This is a LooseRounds.com Q&A session. If you have a firearms related question please email it to QA@LooseRounds.com. We will post the your questions anonymously and give you our answers.
1. colt le901-16s release date?
Howard: The Colt 901 has already been released and can be purchased. However currently supplies are limited.
2. what finish does the colt rail gun have
Shawn: Stainless steel or Stainless with a black ceracoat coating.
3. winchester model 70 pre 64 iron sights?
Shawn: The target or National Match version came with Lyman or Redfield Olympic iron sights. Sporters came with a simple leaf sight.
4. Just out of curiosity, what’s the average accuracy you’re getting out of ‘regular’ .308 ball ammo out of the Colt? I saw the one line in your write up about German DAG (approx 2.5 inch groups). Is that about what you average with M80/Portuguese/S. African?
Shawn: NMH ball also gave about 2.5 MOA. 150 grain soft point hunting ammo from Federal gave about a 1.5 inch group at 100 yards.
Howard: Surplus can vary greatly, don’t expect match results with surplus, often 2-5 MOA is to be expected with good surplus. Stuff like Wolf will perform worse.
5. What is the coolest MOLLE vest?
Shawn: What do you mean, to wear to the gun prom, or what is the least hot. The coolest (temperature) is probably the SDS MOLLE 2 Fighting Load Carrier (FLC) as issued by the military. Coolest for showing off would maybe be the Eagle Maritime CIRAS or the Marine Corps Scaleable Plate Carrier.
Howard: The FLC is good, but maybe not the coolest in temperature. Something like a basic chest carrier with H harnes like backing might be coolest. As for cool factor, perhaps the CRYE Jumpable Plate Carrier (JPC). *For coolest just look Titleist1, an active poster on AR15.com.
6. How do you make homemade body armor
Shawn: Under no circumstances depend on homemade body armor to save your life. There is no way you can replicate the quality of a properly manufacturer plates of soft armor.
7. is the fn pbr 24inch fluted barrel a heavy barrel
Shawn: I could call it a medium heavy, it tapers down.
8. Do Glocks shoot loose with age?
Howard: Yes, all things wear. Glock triggers will generally get smoother. Some people claim that replacing the Slide Lock in a old Glock that is shooting poorly will tighten up barrel lockup and improve grouping. Some parts like the plastic tubular insert in the striker channel can erode and come loose from wear.
9. do you have to break in a gun with national match barrel
Shawn: Well its a little complicated, but to start off it is important to note that a quality national match barrel will come polished and hand lapped from the maker. So you should not have to break one in.
LooseRounds over years have found that breaking in barrels is a waste of time, regardless if its custom match or factory. Usually you will do more cleaning rod damage to the barrel then any amount of improvement you could have helped.